These products are crucial to improve the general condition of soils, by increasing soils’ pH up to a good level and ensuring this lasts over the long term.
TerraCalco® is a source of calcium, which is one of the most important soil-structuring elements. The usage of TerraCalco® allows a better intake of the fertilizers like nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus.
TerraCalco® products essentially improve soil performance by managing its pH. This improves the cation exchange capacity and the soil structure.
TerraCalco® increases the alkalinity of soil. A higher pH helps to:
- Increase the amount of organic and natural fertilizers available for fields, vegetables, vineyards, etc., resulting in a better crop yield.
- Improve the soil structure, thus increasing the potential production.
- Avoid the toxic alumina, and participe then to a better development of the crops
Carmeuse offers the range of Terracalco® products for enhancing and maintaining the good condition of soil:
- The perfect soil pH for crops is between 6.8 and 7.2.
- A lower boundary pH brings a risk of alumina toxicity (<5.2) and a high structural instability that can kill crops, resulting in an extremely low yield.
- Regular use of TerraCalco® allows maintenance of good field performance.
Advantages of Terracalco®
- Improves soil structure.
- Optimizes the soil potential.
- Boosts the effect of fertilizers.
- Promotes biological activity.
- Increases the organic matter in soil.
- Protects plants.