Features in more detail:
- Lime and lime-based binders are advantageously used to solidify and stabilize dredged sediments for reuse.
- StabiCalco® range products promote coagulation/flocculation in improving drainage, handling, solidification.
Immobilization and stabilization:
- For most of sediments, customized binders combine the effects above with increased cementitious reaction of hydraulic admixtures. This synergetic effect results in stable and durable final products wherever required.
Benefits in more detail:
- Drying and solidification thanks to exothermic reactions.
- Further dewatering by reaction with clay minerals in the sediments, releasing physically bound water; this changes their character to sandy or granular.
Contaminant immobilization and leaching blockage:
- Reduction in the solubility of most contaminants in dredging sludge (mainly heavy metals) due to the alkaline pH of the lime and prevention of their leaching into the environment.
- Sediment stabilization thanks to pozzolanic reaction between lime and clay minerals into a solid and low-permeability matrix, which contributes to blocking the leaching of contaminants.
- As a result of the different functionalities of the StabiCalco® product range, a reduction in the number of treatment steps and/or in-situ treatment can be achieved, leading to a reduction in overall treatment costs.
- No availability limits and locally produced.