Understanding Your Market Needs
Producing quality steel, while keeping operating costs low is your number one priority, and the raw materials utilized affects process speed, purity and costs. When phosphorus and sulfur are not controlled in the steel bath, the strength may be compromised and the finish may contain inclusions. Lime addition in a basic oxygen furnace (BOF) is important to protect refractories, maintain basicity and helping dephosphorization. Additionally, how you add the raw materials into your process impacts safety, maintenance and material waste.
Equipment and corresponding processes may also need updated or replaced over time from evolution of technology or normal wear and tear.
Solutions to Meet Your Needs
Lime is a critical component to the quality of your steel. Carmeuse offers various grades and types to meet your specific needs throughout the steelmaking process.
Soft Burnt Quicklime
- Removes phosphorous from the steel bath to help strengthen steel properties
- Optimizes chemistry of the slag, removing impurities like sulfur, carbonates, manganese, etc. from the bath to improve steel quality
- Maintains the viscosity of the slag to increase heat yield
- Magnesium content prevents melt-throughs in the refractory
- Adds magnesium to the bath to balance refractory
- Protects the refractory
Handling and Storage
Through Storage & Transfer Technologies (STT), a member of Carmeuse Group, we offer effective solutions to store and pneumatically transfer your bulk materials.
Our network of plants allows us to get you the product where and when you need it.