Calciment® LKD, or lime kiln dust, is a fine powder containing a unique combination of calcium oxide (CaO), magnesium oxide (MgO) and pozzolans. With similar attributes to quicklime and Portland cement, Calciment lime kiln dust is an effective reagent for drying, modifying, and stabilizing soils, sediments, sludges and waste streams.
- Cost-effective alternative to traditional chemical reagents or other treatment options
- Saves time and money on the jobsite by reducing downtime due to wet conditions and extending the construction season to work even in cold weather
- Calciment LKD is LEED-certified for pre-consumer products
- Transforms unworkable soil into a stable material, eliminating the need to remove and replace
- Improves engineering properties, such as reduced plasticity and shrink/swell potential to help meet geotechnical specifications
- Fast hydration (due to small particle size) eliminates the need for mellowing and additional mixing after application
- Available in a variety of packaging options to meet your jobsite requirements: pneumatic or dump bulk truck loads, supersacks, rail or barge
Calciment LKD is available through Mintek Resources, a member of the Carmeuse Group.
Drying agents like quicklime and Calciment® lime kiln dust (LKD) accelerate the drying of soils. However, to determine what solution is best for your jobsite, several factors should be taken into consideration. Such as:
- Specific project goals and timeline
- Soil type
- Soil plasticity
- In-situ moisture content
- Swell potential
- Short / long-term strength of soil (compressive strength, shear strength, CBR, and resilient modulus)
- Organic content
For assistance evaluating your site needs, our technical support team, along with the soil testing capabilities of our Carmeuse Innovation Center, can help you choose the right product to meet your strength and compaction requirements. Get started by contacting us.
Lime kiln dust (LKD) is a fine dry powder that is a coproduct of the quicklime manufacturing process.
Lime kiln dust (LKD) is commonly used for drying, modifying and stabilizing construction soils, environmental remediation, and solidifying/stabilizing industrial waste.
Do you have a question about this product?Ask our specialists