As a leading producer of high calcium quicklime, Carmeuse works with you to deliver a high-performance product to meet your specific needs. High calcium quicklime, chemically known as calcium oxide (CaO), or commonly referred to as lime, is a widely used chemical compound that originates from calcium carbonate (aka limestone). Quicklime is primarily made up of calcium, magnesium and small amounts of other chemical compounds depending on the formation of the originating limestone.
Our Carmeuse high calcium quicklime is derived from select high calcium limestone deposits containing no more than 5% magnesium content. Our material is routinely tested for quality and consistency, to ensure the right chemistry and physical properties for industrial applications.
- High calcium content (CaO) provides superior performance for application needs
- Efficient source for pH adjustment and acidity control
- One of the most cost-effective alkaline materials, compared to caustic and others
- Routine testing for quality and consistency
- Readily available through our network of plants in a variety of sizes from pebble down to fines
- Safety advantages compared to caustic soda
For additional information, to view our Product Typical Sheets or to discuss availability with our sales group, please contact us.
It all comes down to the level of calcium carbonate vs. magnesium carbonate in the originating limestone. “High calcium” indicates a high concentration of calcium carbonate, with magnesium carbonate ranging between 0 to 5%; “dolomitic” indicates much higher magnesium carbonate levels, ranging from 35 to 46%.
When evaluating what lime product is best suited for your needs, several things should be taken into consideration:
- Purity and quality of raw materials
- Environmental compliance
- Existing onsite equipment
- Storage and transportation costs
- Process throughput
- Final product specifications
For an in-depth look at how these factors could impact your decision, read the “Quicklime, Hydrate or CALSAFE Lime Slurry?” article in our Knowledge Center.
Do you have a question about this product?Ask our specialists