Understanding Your Market Needs
Producing quality steel, while keeping operating costs low is your number one priority. The foamy slag in an electric arc furnace (EAF) helps to stabilize the arc, protecting the refractories, shielding metal from the atmosphere and improving energy efficiency reducing power-on time and repair time. Lime injection supports foaminess throughout the heat and controls the apparent viscosity of the slag, which increases the yield of the heat. It is also important to saturate the slag with dolomitic lime to promote the foaming and protect refractory lining.
Equipment and corresponding processes may also need updated or replaced over time from evolution of technology or normal wear and tear.
Solutions to Meet Your Needs
Let Carmeuse help your electric arc furnace (EAF) operations run more smoothly by protecting your slag and refractory performance with our high calcium and dolomitic lime. Additionally, our expertise in lime injection helps you save power-on time, energy consumption, refractories, and lime consumption, along with a safer and better environment.
- Optimizes chemistry of the slag, removing impurities like sulfur, carbonates, manganese, etc. from the bath to improve steel quality
- Maintains the viscosity of the slag to increase heat yield
- Supports foaminess throughout the heat
- Controls the apparent viscosity of the slag, increasing the yield of the heat
- Magnesium content prevents melt-throughs in the refractory
- Adds magnesium to the bath to balance refractory
- Protects the refractory
Handling and Storage
Through Storage & Transfer Technologies (STT), a member of Carmeuse Group, we offer effective solutions to store and pneumatically transfer your bulk materials.
Our network of plants allows us to get you the product where and when you need it.