Flue Gas Cleaning operations are constantly evolving. Related legislation is increasingly strict and, of course, your core process upstream of the treatment unit evolves over time. As a result, the design value of your unit is no longer the actual value. So flue gas cleaning becomes less optimized and less smooth than it was initially.
When Flue Gas Cleaning does not run smoothly and whenever requirements change, it can be difficult for a company to dedicate enough resources to this non-core activity, on top of all their other daily challenges.
Carmeuse experts have a long experience in many industrial sectors, with many different flue gas cleaning processes in a wide range of engineering companies. This source of information/skills is made available to you during our entire collaboration:
- On-site Audits.
- Sampling and lab analyses.
- Parameters evaluation for troubleshooting a flue gas cleaning unit.
- Evaluation of and recommendations for new set points/product specifications to realign operations with new needs/requirements/situations.
- Optimizing flue gas cleaning operations.
- Evaluation and improvement of the reagent storage, dosing, preparation and handling.
The Carmeuse Application Team is fully equipped to run such activities, thanks to:
- Mobile flue gas analyzer: to measure the compositions of your flue gas.
- Analytical lab: trained with different standard reagents and by-products of your flue gas cleaning unit, and able to ‘visualize’ the process.
- Mobile pilot plant: to run trials with alternative setups/reagent, while taking no risk in terms of compliance (as the installed flue gas cleaning remains unchanged).