Lime is used in many non-ferrous metal treatment processes including:
- Gold -- recovery in cyanide leaching
- Copper -- flotation treatment
- Aluminium -- in most processes used to transform alumina ore into aluminum oxide (pre-desilication, digestion, causticisation, filtration, and desoxolatation).
- Magnesium and magnesium oxides -- lime precipitates the hydrated magnesia of the solutions which contain magnesium chloride.
- and also Calcium, Zinc, Lead, Silver, Nickel, Uranium -- lime participates in the separation processes through the flotation of the different metallic salts or impurities, but is also used to control the pH being produced or as fluxing agent of the impurities.